An Ally You Can Trust Is Ready To Help You With
Uber & Lyft Accidents
Seattle Uber and Lyft Accident Attorney
Representing Uber and Lyft Accident Victims in Seattle, Tacoma, Everett, & Renton
Rideshare companies, including Lyft and Uber, are incredibly popular in Washington State. They are often a safe, convenient, and cost-effective way to get around. Unfortunately, because Ubers and Lyfts are ultimately cars sharing the road with other drivers, accidents can and do happen.
If you or a loved one has been hurt while riding in an Uber or Lyft, now is the time to explore your legal options. At Kode Law Firm, we value communication, speed, and results. Our Seattle Uber and Lyft accident lawyer is a skilled litigator with over a decade of experience. We are committed to helping you seek justice and financial compensation, and our attorney will work closely with you from beginning to end. We know how to hold negligent parties accountable in these cases and will do everything we can to secure the best possible result.
Schedule a free initial consultation by contacting us online or calling (206) 312-4320 today. We offer our legal services in English, Spanish, Arabic, Hindi, Punjabi, Urdu, Tigrinya, Pashto, and Dari.
Who Is Liable for an Uber or Lyft Accident?
Like any car accident, fault for an Uber or Lyft accident will depend on how the crash happened. However, the involvement of a rideshare company driver can sometimes complicate fault in these cases.
In many cases, one or more of the following parties may be at fault for an Uber or Lyft accident:
- The rideshare company. If Uber or Lyft hired an unsafe or unlicensed driver, the company can be held responsible for the harm caused by that driver. Both Uber and Lyft carry $1 million of liability insurance, which can be used to cover accidents that occur when a rideshare driver is “on the clock” and transporting a passenger.
- The rideshare driver. When an Uber or Lyft driver makes a reckless decision that causes a crash, they will most likely be liable for damages and losses resulting from the accident. In these cases, the driver’s personal auto insurance coverage may come into play. If the driver is uninsured or underinsured, the victim’s uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance policy (UIM) may provide coverage.
- A different at-fault driver. If another driver caused the accident, they will be responsible for compensating victims for all applicable losses. If the at-fault driver is uninsured or underinsured, the rideshare company’s $1 million-dollar UIM policy may provide coverage.
Determining liability in cases involving a rideshare app can be confusing. Our Seattle Uber and Lyft accident attorney can review the facts of your case and help you understand whether you have a claim. Contact Kode Law Firm today to talk to our team.
How to Protect Yourself and Your Rights after an Uber or Lyft Accident
In the immediate aftermath of an Uber or Lyft accident, you may not be thinking about how you will pay for medical bills and other losses. However, there are certain steps you should take to protect your ability to recover compensation from negligent parties.
After an Uber or Lyft accident, you should:
- Check for injuries to see if anyone needs emergency medical care.
- Call the police, dialing 9-1-1 for emergencies or a non-emergency number if the accident is minor.
- Collect information from other parties, including other drivers, passengers, and/or witnesses. Write down names and contact information, including addresses and phone numbers. You should also get driver-related information, vehicle-related information, and insurance information. If you do not have a pen and paper, take notes on your phone or take pictures of the information you need.
- Take lots of pictures of the accident scene and the vehicles. You should also take photos of the road and weather conditions as well as any surrounding features that may have been damaged, such as signposts or guardrails.
- Take some notes, documenting details about what you remember happening before, during, and after the crash.
- Report the accident to your insurance company, and only discuss the facts that you are completely certain of. Do not agree to give an “official” (meaning recorded) statement without first consulting a legal professional.
- Contact Kode Law Firm to learn more about your rights and legal options, including the next steps to take in your case.
Recovering Compensation after an Uber or Lyft Accident Lawsuit
If you or someone you know has been hurt in an Uber or Lyft accident, do not wait to speak to an attorney, as you will only have limited time to take legal action. In Washington State, you have only three years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit against a negligent party. If an Uber or Lyft accident results in death, you will have three years from the date of your loved one’s passing to bring a wrongful death claim.
Our Seattle Uber and Lyft accident lawyer is a fierce negotiator who will work to secure a settlement that covers all of your losses. If the at-fault party refuses to agree to a fair settlement, we are more than ready to take your case to court. We know how to determine liability for rideshare accidents, and we will take action to hold all negligent parties accountable for the harm they have caused.
A successful Uber and Lyft accident lawsuit allows you to recover compensation for many types of losses, including:
- Past, current, and future medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- Lost income
- Loss of earning capacity
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Get on the Road to Recovery
We are determined to provide Uber and Lyft accident victims with the highest quality representation backed by compassionate, personal service. We recognize that compensation cannot undo the devastating impacts of serious injuries or fatal car accidents, but we also know that justice and financial recovery can help people rebuild their lives. Let us provide you with the tireless advocacy and outstanding representation you need to hold negligent parties accountable and move forward.
We also handle claims involving motorcycle accidents, bicycle accidents, bus accidents, and more. Contact us online or call (206) 312-4320 to discuss your legal options with us.
We'll Be your Advocate
Contact us today to get a free consultation; we're ready to help you recover. Reach out online or call us at (206) 312-4320.