An Ally You Can Trust Is Ready to Help You with
Truck Accident Attorney in Western Washington
A truck accident is a life-altering event that can come with devastating consequences. Victims have enough to worry about without adding self-litigation to the list. At Kode Law Firm, our truck accident team provides the legal services Western Washington victims need to successfully litigate their cases and get the compensation they’re owed.
Not only are our knowledgeable team highly skilled at litigating truck accident cases, but our multilingual staff provides comprehensive legal services to clients speaking English, Spanish, Arabic, Hindi, Punjabi, Urdu, Tigrinya, Pashto, and Dari. Get the legal assistance you need by connecting with Kode Law Firm today.
Understanding Western Washington Truck Accident Laws
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
While some truck accidents may be caused by inclement weather, these account for less than 10% of total trucking accidents. The following illustrates the most common causes of truck accident cases:
- Distracted driving
- Driver fatigue
- Driving under the influence
- Improperly loaded trailers
- Improper truck maintenance
If you or a loved one has been involved in a truck accident, get the legal assistance you need by scheduling a free initial consultation with Kode Law Firm today.
Common Injuries Sustained in Truck Accidents
Truck accidents can have devastating consequences that can impact the rest of a victim’s life, including:
- Back and neck injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Amputation and disfigurement
- Internal injuries
- Cuts, bruises, broken bones, and lacerations
- Accidental death
Those suffering injuries or accidental death due to a truck accident may be entitled to compensation. In order to collect these damages, victims will need to meet with a skilled attorney to help them litigate their case.
Why Choose Kode Law for Your Truck Accident Case?
When it comes to handling truck accident cases in Western Washington, Kode Law stands out as a trusted and experienced law firm. Here are some reasons why you should choose us:
- Extensive Knowledge of Truck Accident Laws: Our team of attorneys specializes in truck accident cases and has a deep understanding of the laws and regulations specific to Western Washington. We stay up-to-date with any changes in legislation to provide you with the most effective legal representation.
- Proven Track Record of Success: Over the years, we have successfully represented numerous clients in personal injury cases, securing favorable outcomes and compensation. Our track record speaks for itself, and we are committed to achieving the best possible results for our clients.
- Compassionate and Personalized Approach: We understand that being involved in a truck accident can be a traumatic experience. That's why we offer a compassionate and personalized approach to every client. We take the time to listen to your concerns, answer your questions, and guide you through the legal process with care and understanding.
- Strong Negotiation and Litigation Skills: Our attorneys are skilled negotiators and litigators. We are not afraid to take your case to court if necessary to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve. We will fight tirelessly on your behalf, advocating for your rights and best interests.
- Free Initial Consultation: We offer a free initial consultation to discuss the details of your truck accident case. During this consultation, we will evaluate the merits of your case, explain your legal options, and provide you with a clear understanding of what to expect moving forward.
Don't navigate the complexities of a truck accident case alone. Trust Kode Law to provide you with the experienced legal representation you need. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation.
A variety of parties may be liable for any damages the victim incurs following a truck accident case. These parties include:
- Trucking Companies: Trucking companies may be found liable for a number of reasons, including negligence during the hiring, training, or supervision process. They may also be liable if they fail to properly maintain and inspect their equipment, or if they do not follow proper cargo loading practices.
- Truck Manufacturers: Sometimes the driver or trucking company is not the liable party. Instead, the accident may have been caused by a defect with the truck’s manufacturer. In these cases, the truck manufacturer may be the liable party that victims will need to sue rather than the driver or company.
- Other Parties: Neither the company nor the manufacturer is liable if the accident was caused by inadequate maintenance or repairs from a negligent mechanic. In other circumstances, warehouse operators or shipping brokers may be responsible for the accident. It all depends on the specific details of your case, which is why it’s critical to take photographs and document every detail of your accident as soon as it takes place.
Always remember that Washington State follows the Pure Comparative Fault Rule: This means if you are found to be partially at fault for your trucking accident, the total damages you’re able to recover will be reduced by the percentage of fault you are found to have for causing the accident.
In order to help reduce the number of trucking accidents in Washington, the state has specific laws and regulations in place. These include the following:
Driver Qualification: Truckers must be at least 18 years old and possess a Washington State commercial driver’s license.
Hours of Service: Truckers are not permitted to drive more than 12 hours following eight consecutive hours of being off duty.
Parts & Accessories: Trucks must have a backup alert device or rear cross-view mirror.
While these regulations are meant to help reduce the number of accidents in Washington, there are still more than 1,300 trucking accidents that occur each year. If you or a loved one has been involved in a trucking accident, reach out to an attorney at Kode Law Firm to assist with your litigation needs.
What is the statute of limitations on a truck accident case?
Truck accident cases can be classified in one of three ways in Washington: personal injury, property damage, or wrongful death. In all three situations, the statute of limitations is three years from the date of the accident.
What damages can I claim in a truck accident case?
The following damages may be claimed by truck accident victims:
- Medical expenses
- Loss of wages
- Loss of earning capability
- Transportation costs
- Childcare costs
- Mental anguish
- Physical disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
In rare cases, victims may also claim punitive damages if the driver is found to have been intoxicated or engaging in dangerous driving behavior.
A truck accident can be traumatic, but it doesn’t have to define your life moving forward. If you or a loved one has been involved in a trucking accident, consult with the knowledgeable team at Kode Law Firm to get the compensation you’re owed. Contact our team to set up your free initial consultation today!