An Ally You Can Trust Is Ready to Help You with
Slip & Fall
Seattle Slip and Fall Attorney
Representing Slip and Fall Victims in Seattle, Tacoma, Everett, & Renton
Property owners have a legal duty to keep their premises free of hazards or dangerous conditions. For example, a grocery store must make a reasonable effort to quickly clean up spills. In addition to taking steps to fix immediate issues, property owners must also generally maintain routine maintenance and cleaning schedules to proactively spot and resolve defects that could endanger a visitor or patron. When a property owner fails to meet this legal standard, they can be held accountable for any harm their negligence causes.
If you were injured in a slip and fall caused by a dangerous condition a property owner knew or should have known about, you may be entitled to compensation. Our team at Kode Law Firm can walk you through Washington’s premises liability laws and how they apply to your case. From there, our Seattle slip and fall lawyer can help you pursue a personal injury claim and fight to recover damages. We have a decade of legal experience and understand how to effectively navigate the negotiation and litigation process. No matter your circumstances or the complexity of your case, we are committed to providing the compassionate, client-focused representation you need to seek justice.
We charge no fee unless we win, so do not hesitate to schedule a free initial consultation. Call (206) 312-4320 or contact us online today.
In the moments after a slip and fall, you may not be thinking about taking legal action or the property owner’s liability. You may even feel embarrassed or wonder if the accident was your fault. If your fall was the result of a slick surface, flooring defect, or some other hazard, you could have a case, and there are certain things you should do to protect your ability to recover compensation.
After a slip and fall, you should:
- Make sure you do not need emergency medical attention. If you are unable to regain your balance or have broken or strained a limb, do not hesitate to call 9-1-1 and go to the nearest hospital.
- Take lots of photographs. If you can stay at the scene, take plenty of photos of the accident area, particularly any dangerous conditions or hazards that may have contributed to your fall. Be sure to show there was no warning signage (or the size and placement of any insufficient signage).
- Speak to the person in charge. The property owner may not be present or available, but explain what happened to whoever is currently in charge. Ask for any security camera footage and avoid admitting any level of fault. You should ask them to write up an incident report and get a copy before you leave.
- Collect contact information. You will need the names and phone numbers of the person you spoke to, the property owner (if they were unavailable), and any witnesses that saw what happened.
- Take notes. While the incident is fresh in your mind, document some of the details about what you remember before, during, and after the fall, including any comments made by the property owner or person in charge.
- See your doctor. A blow to the head or back can lead to serious injuries that may require immediate treatment. Some of these injuries may not be visibly obvious, so it is important that you see a medical professional even if you feel relatively fine after a slip and fall.
- Contact Kode Law Firm. After evaluating your circumstances, our Seattle slip and fall attorney can determine whether you have a strong case and review your rights and legal options.
You must act quickly if you wish to recover damages for a slip and fall accident. In Washington State, you have three years from the date of the accident to file a premises liability lawsuit. If a slip and fall results in death, you have three years from the date of the victim’s passing to pursue a wrongful death lawsuit.
Proving premises liability can be complex, but we are experienced litigators who have a track record of securing successful outcomes. Many slip and fall cases are settled out of court, and we will work to negotiate a settlement that covers your losses. Your recovery is our top priority, so if the defendant refuses to agree to a fair settlement, we are more than ready to fight for you in court.
A successful slip and fall lawsuit allows you to recover compensation for:
- Past, current, and future medical expenses
- Lost income and lost earning capacity
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
There is a good chance the defendant will claim you were partially or completely responsible for falling while on their property. We are prepared to refute these arguments, but it is important to note that you can still recover some compensation if the court finds you partially at fault. Your damage award will be commensurately reduced by your share of the blame. If the court agrees to a $50,000 damage award but finds you 10% at fault, for example, you will only receive $45,000.
Our firm prioritizes speed, compassion, communication, and results. If you suffered serious injuries due to the negligence of a property owner, do not wait to discuss your recovery options with our Seattle slip and fall lawyer.
We offer our legal services in English, Spanish, Arabic, Hindi, Punjabi, Urdu, Tigrinya, Pashto, and Dari. Contact us online or call (206) 312-4320 today!
Get a free consultation and see how we can help you. We offer our legal services in English, Spanish, Arabic, Hindi, Punjabi, Urdu, Tigrinya, Pashto, and Dari.
Contact us online or call (206) 312-4320 today!